Friday, June 26, 2009

Great news always follows good news

Well for a start the sun is shining today- so it must be a great day.

One item I wanted to cross off my list was, the new dive gear from MARES. I asked the new Rep. Mark Wilson, to come and see me. I wanted to discuss the new gear and iron out any options we could offer you.
Great guy, full of enthusiasm, his product knowledge is awesome.
He talks almost as much as me, perhaps that's why I like him.
I gave Mark the opportunity to talk to you all and he jumped at the offer.
Mark will be our special guest for July club meeting. Come along and meet him, he is a great guy.

I also updated the Pro-Dive website with all new information, photos, videos and at the same time, reloaded the online store with more products.
To get the online store kick started- I have left many prices to the pre price rise .
Some items are now 40% cheaper than in the store.
Regular pricing will be restored at the end of the month.

The diving this week has improved, visibility has gone up to around 7 to 10 metres in places and the water has become a bit cooler, but still a pleasant 18 degrees.
This cooler water has a side bonus though- It is bringing the whales in closer, we are having a few closer than normal encounters, which is quite awesome.

I have also noticed a few ardent divers have started to hibernate already.
I suppose after a couple of weeks of crap weather, this has the tendency to slow everyone down, but you shouldn't follow suit.

This will be a great season, The water temperatures up north are still quite warm, this means we will get the warm water down here over winter.

The weather bureau is forecasting water temp to be around 1 to 2 degrees above normal.
The last time we had water that warm was in 2000, when the Olympics were staged in Sydney.

I am looking forward to the Philippines getaway in August, I need a break and the wrecks in Coron will be just the tonic I require. Tina is coming over to Puerta Gallera with me so I can show her the amazing fish life off Verde Island. When I was there last year, I was astounded with the variety and complexity of the marine life.

The new macro outfit will get a workout I can assure you.
Back to the dive centre and Tony has just refilled the aquarium with sea water and patiently waiting for the nitrate/nitrite cycle to complete. He will then restock the aquarium- Should look great in a few months time.

Finally the HMAS Adelaide- Don't fear we will get the ship, I have great faith in the system, all we need is for a person to hang their shingle on it and amazingly it will appear.
Trust Me, I have been through something similar to this before.

Bye for now and see you soon underwater
Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment