Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What a week.
The weather turned nasty again and we had to abort two more dives due to the visibility.
It all takes time getting gear ready, checking out the surface conditions only to find a dirty layer just off the bottom, by mere metres is quite annoying.
The top layers are very clean, at Soldiers Pt the top 3 metres had 10 plus metres viz, whilst on the bottom the viz was lucky to be 1 metre.
I certainly scared something more than myself, when I touched what I thought was the bottom, it swam away a lot faster than I did!

The whales swimming north made up for lack of good viz.

The long weekend is always a joy.
We have 19 people heading away this weekend to dive the Great Barrier reef.
Some for the very first time, so it will become quite difficult to get them back into the colder water around here over the winter months.
Quite a task but one I am happy to contend with.

No comments:

Post a Comment